From: Essentials, 2014
YOU WILL NEED:
HOW TO MAKE:
FOR THE BLANKET
- Cut out two pieces of fabric 114cm x 144cm.
- Lay them right sides together and sew around the outside edge, leaving a gap of 30cm on one side.
- Turn round the right way.
- Cut out a piece of wadding 110 x 140cm.
- Put the wadding inside the blanket.
- Sew up the gap by hand.
FOR THE HANDLE
- Cut out two strips of fabric 60 x 10cm.
- Cut out one piece of fabric 30 x 10cm.
- Fold each in half lengthways, right sides together, sew along the seam.
- Turn through the right way and iron flat with the seam in the middle.
- Create loops with the long pieces by inserting one end into the other, neatening any raw edges as you go.
- Sew the handle on top of each loop, tucking the edges in underneath.
- Add buttons on top to finish.